Week one is done! I’m so honoured to be serving as your Ward F Trustee for Edmonton Public School Board. Here’s what I’ve been up to, and what you can expect going forward.
Week One Highlights
- Converted campaign website to Ward F Trustee website
- Lots of reading!!!
- Oath of Office
- Organizational Board Meeting
- Catchment meetings with Principals and Assistant Superintendents (thank you for all your amazing work!)
- Working my way through your emails
- Classroom presentation on local government
For the month of November, my focus will be on attending as many school council meetings as possible. I’d like to meet all of you! In addition, I’ll be visiting another classroom to chat all about local government. It is so much fun getting to connect directly with students. One community league requested a newsletter article from their Ward F Trustee. If your community league would also like a newsletter submission, please get in touch. I’d love to introduce myself and let people know how they can stay informed.
Aside from that, I’ll be taking part in the following Trustee duties:
- Trustee Results Review
- Public Board Meetings on November 9 and 30
- Continuing to read up and connect with folks as I get settled into the role
If you’re on school council, please reach out with your next meeting date. I’d love to attend, introduce myself, hear what you’re up to and how I can support you and your school in the great work you’re doing for students. Email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.